> Inspiration for Biking Into Spring | CITY GIRL RIDES

Inspiration for Biking Into Spring

5/09/2014

Happy Friday! I've been checking the weather every five hours to see if we will have a break from the rain in NY. It just doesn't seem to stop! The forecast is showing that this weekend will still have showers and although I'm a little bummed out, I'm okay with staying in under my blankets and watching marathons of tv. I'm hoping for clear skies so that I can get on my bike but Spring showers have taken over. As I sit here and dream about adventuring out on bike this weekend, I'm wondering how many people are getting out there now despite the thunder and rain. Cool and sunnier days has a way to get us out on a bike but rain or shine there are so many benefits to just put a little spring into the pedal.

Feeling like having an adventure this weekend? Here are just a few tips and reminders of why getting out on two wheels this Spring is the perfect win.

Group Ride: Join one to meet people or get your friends together for a fun ride.

Feel Good: A working heart = a healthy body and happy feelings. Breath in the fresh air.

Dress Up: Feeling good will keep you looking fabulous on and off your bike.

Tour Your City: The bike is the perfect tool for discovering new places, it's an open museum.

Skip the Train: Believe it or not, a bike will get you to your destination faster, plus it will save you money and help you avoid traffic.

If you're in the NYC area and looking for a new bike or other few bits and bobs, check out this weekends New York Bike Jumble. Also, don't forget to wish your mom a Happy Mother's Day if you're in America this Sunday. Have a great weekend!

Follow On Instagram

© CITY GIRL RIDES. Design by FCD.